Currently hold a contractor licence under the Building Work Contractors Act 1995, Plumbers, Gas Fitters and Electricians Act 1995 or Security and Investigation Industry Act 1995, which authorises you to carry on business as a sole trader or as a sole director.
The applicant has previously held an occupational licence (in relation to the Acts above) which authorised them to carry on business in South Australia. This licence may have been cancelled or surrendered. Consumer and Business Services may require additional information or the full business criteria.
Hold a current equivalent interstate occupational licence in the same jurisdiction as the South Australian licence.
Successful completion of the Contractors Licensing Course from Master Builders Association SA, comprising:
• Unit 1 – Legal Requirements and the Building and Construction Industry
• Unit 2 – Managing Small Business Finance in the Building and Construction Industry
A Statement of Attainment showing successful completion of, or status granted in, the following two units of competency conferred by a Registered Training Organisation:
• Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business (BSBSMB401A/ BSBSMB401) or Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects (BCGBC4009A/ CPCCBC4009A/ CPCCBC4009B)
• Plan small business finances (BSBSBM402A or BSBSMB402) or Manage small business finances (BSBSBM406A or BSBSMB406) or Undertake small business planning (BSBSBM404A or BSBSBM404)
Develop and implement a Business Plan (BSBMGT or PRSSM507A)
Successful completion of a business, economics or accounting related Degree or Diploma from Australia or New Zealand. You must also provide a transcript of completed subjects showing evidence of completed competencies related to the practical aspects of running a business demonstrating sufficient financial and legal knowledge in particular. Please note, Certificate IV's are not accepted.
Successful completion of these four modules from the Certificate IV in Small Business Management:
- Cost profit breakeven
- Business finance
- Ownership structures and
- Business law
The applicant is a company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange or a subsidiary of a listed company.
One of the following approved qualifications:
• Contractors Management Program Certificate IV
• Diploma in Building - with academic record
• Certificate IV in Building - with academic record
• Business Management for Building 1 (AQF4) & Business Management for Building 2 (AQF5) - with academic record
A contractor licence is dependent upon specific modules completed of the above courses. For details of the specified modules and sections please contact Consumer and Business Services.
Successful completion of a Bachelor of Construction Management & Economics degree.
Successful completion of a Bachelor of Built Environment degree issued by the University of South Australia.
I wish the licence to be limited to acting in partnership with an appropriately licensed company or individual
You have chosen to match your current supervisor registration. Click 'Next' if you don't wish to add any other conditions.